Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Software Architecture – Trust Your Instincts


Are you a software developer or an architect? Do you enjoy working on cool projects? How much time do you spend searching through the internet when you are stuck with something, or trying to come up with creative solutions? We often rely heavily on expert opinions of many thought leaders – hoping that they have been there and done that. We try to read many blogs, articles and books. We also look for sample codes to gain insight on areas that we are not familiar with.

I am no different. I have done it in the past, and I continue to do it. However, every now and then, I hit that architectural impediment - a problem either not encountered by anyone or the solutions provided by the experts are simply not appropriate for me. Blogs, articles or books go out the window. What do I end up doing whenever I reach such an impasse? Look deep inside and start trusting my instincts; block out the internet and start scribbling on papers. Soon enough – a state of epiphany emerges, and out comes an architectural design that I am happy with.
I am sure many of you have had similar experiences. If not just trust your instincts and you will observe what you are capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment